One in three pets gets lost or runs away. Having your dog or cat microchiped can help increase the chance that you and your loving pet will be reunited. Companion Animal Care Center provides microchipping services for dogs and cats through the Home Again national pet recovery database. Microchips are permanent identification systems that are about the size of a grain of rice. The microchip is implanted between your pet’s shoulder blades similar to the injection of a yearly vaccination. Each microchip has a unique identification number that is connected to your contact information. If your pet ever becomes lost, you may contact the microchip national database, who then sends out a missing pet alert to all the clinics and shelters in a 25 mile radius that participate in the program. Most all shelters and vet offices have scanners that can scan for a microchip, enabling database registered pets and their owners to reunite and then the owners are contacted.
Things to know
- Microchips do not hurt your pet; they are equivalent to a vaccination.
- Microchipping your pet does not require surgery.
- Microchips do not move out of place; they are designed to stay in place.
- Right after we implant your pet’s microchip we will register your information with the HomeAgain national pet recovery database. You are able to access this information to upload a photo and update your information if you change your phone number or address.
- If your pet already has a microchip you can still enroll in HomeAgain and receive all the benefits of the program.
- Your pet’s microchip comes with lifetime registration in the database as well as one year of HomeAgain membership. Benefits include:
- 24/7 Lost Pet Specialists
- Rapid Lost Pet Alerts
- Personalized Lost Pet Posters
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Hotline
- Travel assistance for found pets.